As mentioned in our last post, there were no more island visits to come. But alas, 2 more sea daze remain. This is the last posting about this cruise – honest, lol!
The Spa Pool
We head for home in Florida – 1100 nautical miles to go. Lobster tail night in the MDR preceded by a wine tasting. It’s a great party and our new table mates from FL and SC are very nice. We have so great a day that we are happy to rest up on our last day at sea. We sail past the tiny Salvador island which was Columbus first landfall in Oct 1492. After 12 days we too are ready for landfall.
Likes about this Celebrity cruise:
– service impeccable
– quality of the food superb
– ship facilities and functioning fantastic
– passengers nice
– classic drinks package worth it (no need to upgrade to premium)
– embarking/debarking smooth
– history enrichment lectures
Porch Seafood Restaurant
– no towel animals (minor, lol)
- rounded corners at end of bed (shortens bed)
– some busy times on elevator
– somewhat thin face clothes
– no jazz or country music (same 80s sound all the time)
– no worship services on board
Note we did not do any organized excursions, frequent the casino, play trivia etc. Favorite spot on the Silhouette is the spa pool – large window covered area with huge pool, boutique restaurant, soft music and hot tubs. Also the Martini Bar at night was real fun. Our midships cabin was restful and quiet. Very little rocking of ship noticed.
Ratings out of 5:
Food 4.5 (There is an up-charge for specialty restaurants so we only went to 1)
Would we recommend Celebrity? – yes.
…Now back to reality. Thank you for following our escapades on this wonderful Caribbean cruise. Merry Christmas!